Afternoon lovelies, how are you all? Just another quickie technique for you today!
In my younger days, I was a huge fan of nail art and loved to bling up my nails and spent a lot of time playing around creating various looks. I love how more sophisticated grown-up nail art is doing the rounds in blogland - so I thought I would give the two-tone look a go...
...Can you tell what my fave colour combo is at the mo ;) Looks great with the braided bracelets I made a few weeks back!
You Will Need:
2 Co-ordinating Nail Colours (or clashing if you're brave!),
Clear Nail Varnish to seal,
A bit of nail varnish remover on a cotton bud or nail remover pen.
FYI - UK Ladies, I used Collection 60 Second Hot Looks in no.43 Fruit Salad and Rimmel London Lasting Finish in no.703 Pear Drop.
* Paint your thumbs and 3 fingers on each hand one colour, then paint your ring fingers on each hand in the contrasting colour, giving 2 coats then leave to dry...
* Leaving the ring finger as it is take strips of masking tape and lay diagonally across each remaining fingers and thumb. Press firmly along edge, so that the other nail varnish won't bleed underneath. Take your contrasting colour and paint the exposed piece of nail...
* Peel off the masking tape slowly...
* Do the same on all fingers / thumb (except ring finger). I ran my tape bottom left to top right on my right hand and then bottom right to top left on my left hand...
* Add a coat of clear nail varnish to seal.
* Take a bit of nail varnish remover on a cotton bud and tidy up around the edges and remove any bits of varnish on your skin.
Then match up your outfit and jewellery and enjoy your two tone nails!